CompTIA A+ Certification (2009 Exam Objectives) Training Course
Are you ready for an entry-level career in the IT industry? CompTIA A+ certification is an internationally recognized, vendor-neutral certification that many employers consider a prerequisite for entry-level IT employment. A+ certification signifies competence in the fundamentals of hardware, software and operating systems; system troubleshooting and repair; networking; and security and operational procedures including communication skills that a helpdesk or remote support employee should have.
This course will prepare students, at an accelerated pace, for the two exams that make up the A+ certification 2009 Edition: CompTIA A+ Essentials and CompTIA A+ Practical Application.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the components of standard desktop personal computers
- Identify fundamental components and functions of personal computer operating systems
- Identify best practices followed by professional personal computer technicians
- Install and configure computer components
- Install and configure system components
- Maintain and troubleshoot peripheral components
- Troubleshoot system components
- Install and configure operating systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot installations of Microsoft Windows
- Identify network technologies
- Install and manage network connections
- Support laptops and portable computing devices
- Support printers and scanners
- Identify personal computer security concepts
- Support personal computer security
- IT Technicians
- Call Center Technician
- Desktop Support Technician
- Tier 1 & 2 Support
- PC Support Technician
- Field Technician
Ideally students should have some existing knowledge of, and support experience with, networked desktop and notebook computers running Windows XP or Windows Vista operating system.
Our offer includes test vouchers for the two exams that make up the A+ certification 2009 Edition:
- Exam: 220-701: CompTIA A+ Essentials and
- Exam: 220-702: CompTIA A+ Practical Application
You will be able to schedule and take these exams at our testing facility.