Access 2010 Level 1 Training Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the components of the Microsoft Access 2010 environment.
- identify the components of a database.
- organize data in tables.
- view data in tables.
- query a database.
- design forms.
- generate reports.
To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. To ensure your success, we recommend you first take one of Element K's introductory Windows courses, such as either of the following, or have equivalent skills and knowledge:
- Windows XP Professional: Level 1 or
- Windows XP: Introduction
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Access 2010
- Topic 1A: Identify the Elements of the User Interface
- Topic 1B: Identify the Tabs and Commands on the Ribbon
- Topic 1C: Obtain Help in Access
- Lesson 2: Identifying the Components of a Database
- Topic 2A: Define Database Concepts
- Topic 2B: Identify the Components of a Database
- Topic 2C: Examine the Relational Database Design Process
- Lesson 3: Organizing Data in Tables
- Topic 3A: Create a Table
- Topic 3B: Modify Table Data and Properties
- Topic 3C: Create a Table Relationship
- Lesson 4: Viewing Data in Tables
- Topic 4A: Sort Records
- Topic 4B: Filter Records
- Topic 4C: View Data from Related Tables
- Lesson 5: Querying a Database
- Topic 5A: Create a Query
- Topic 5B: Add Criteria to a Query
- Topic 5C: Add a Calculated Field to a Query
- Topic 5D: Perform Calculations on a Record Grouping
- Lesson 6: Designing Forms
- Topic 6A: Create a Form
- Topic 6B: View Data Using an Access Form
- Topic 6C: Modify a Form
- Lesson 7: Generating Reports
- Topic 7A: View an Access Report
- Topic 7B: Create a Report
- Topic 7C: Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic 7D: Format the Controls in a Report
- Topic 7E: Apply a Theme to a Report
- Topic 7F: Prepare a Report for Print
I have taken classes at other facilities, but once attending at Training Options I won't consider anywhere else. The training is the best and I will keep coming back.