Outlook 2010 Level 1 Training Course
You will use Outlook to compose and send email, schedule appointments and meetings, manage contact information, schedule tasks, and create notes.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the Outlook interface, send mail, and respond to messages.
- compose email messages.
- organize email messages into folders.
- manage contacts and contact information.
- schedule appointments.
- schedule a meeting.
- manage tasks and notes.
This course is intended for people who have a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and want to know how to use Outlook to manage their time and information.
To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on a computer; and manage files and folders.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Outlook
- Topic 1A: Identify the Components of the Outlook Interface
- Topic 1B: Read an Email Message
- Topic 1C: Reply to and Forward an Email Message
- Topic 1D: Print an Email Message
- Topic 1E: Delete an Email Message
- Lesson 2: Composing Messages
- Topic 2A: Create an Email Message
- Topic 2B: Format a Message
- Topic 2C: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic 2D: Attach a File
- Topic 2E: Enhance an Email Message
- Topic 2F: Send an Email Message
- Lesson 3: Organizing Messages
- Topic 3A: Manage Email Messages
- Topic 3B: Move Email Messages into Folders
- Topic 3C: Open and Save an Attachment
- Lesson 4: Managing Contacts
- Topic 4A: Add a Contact
- Topic 4B: Sort and Find Contacts
- Topic 4C: Find the Geographical Location of a Contact
- Topic 4D: Update Contacts
- Lesson 5: Scheduling Appointments
- Topic 5A: Explore the Outlook Calendar
- Topic 5B: Schedule an Appointment
- Topic 5C: Edit Appointments
- Lesson 6: Managing Meetings in Outlook
- Topic 6A: Schedule a Meeting
- Topic 6B: Reply to a Meeting Request
- Topic 6C: Track and Update Scheduled Meetings
- Topic 6D: Print the Calendar
- Lesson 7: Managing Tasks and Notes
- Topic 7A: Create a Task
- Topic 7B: Edit and Update a Task
- Topic 7C: Create a Note
- Topic 7D: Edit a Note