Outlook 2010 Level 2 Training Course
You will customize the Outlook environment, calendar, and mail messages, and will also track, share, assign, and quickly locate various Outlook items.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- customize message settings.
- organize and locate Outlook messages.
- set calendar options.
- track activities using the Journal.
- assign and track tasks.
- share folder information.
- customize the Outlook environment.
This course is designed for experienced Outlook users who need to customize their Outlook environment, calendar, and email messages and who wish to track, share, assign, and locate various Outlook items.
Prospective students should be familiar with using personal computers (basic typing skills are recommended). They should be comfortable with the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Before taking this course, it is recommended that students take the following courses or possess equivalent knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook 2010: Level 1, and a choice of operating systems. Prerequisite courses include:
- Windows XP Professional: Level 1
- Windows XP Professional: Level 2
- Lesson 1: Customizing Message Options
- Topic 1A: Modify Message Settings
- Topic 1B: Modify Delivery Options
- Topic 1C: Change the Message Format
- Topic 1D: Set the Out of the Office Notification
- Topic 1E: Create a Contact Group
- Topic 1F: Insert a Hyperlink
- Topic 1G: Create Quick Steps
- Lesson 2: Organizing and Locating Messages
- Topic 2A: Sort Messages Using Multiple Criteria
- Topic 2B: Find Messages Using Instant Search
- Topic 2C: Find Messages Using Multiple Criteria
- Topic 2D: Filter Messages
- Topic 2E: Organize Messages
- Topic 2F: Manage Junk Email
- Lesson 3: Setting Calendar Options
- Topic 3A: Set Workdays and Time
- Topic 3B: Display an Additional Time Zone
- Topic 3C: Set Availability Options
- Topic 3D: Create Calendar Groups
- Topic 3E: Manage Automatic Meeting Responses
- Lesson 4: Tracking Activities Using the Journal
- Topic 4A: Record a Journal Entry Automatically
- Topic 4B: Record a Journal Entry Manually
- Topic 4C: Modify a Journal Entry
- Lesson 5: Managing Tasks
- Topic 5A: Assign a Task
- Topic 5B: Reply to a Task Request
- Topic 5C: Send a Task Update
- Topic 5D: Track Assigned Tasks
- Lesson 6: Sharing Folder Information
- Topic 6A: Specify Folder Permissions
- Topic 6B: Access Another User's Folder
- Topic 6C: Send Calendar Information in an Email Message
- Topic 6D: Delegate Folder Access to Users
- Lesson 7: Customizing the Outlook Environment
- Topic 7A: Customize the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
- Topic 7B: Customize the To-Do Bar
- Topic 7C: Create a Folder Home Page